Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Secrets mini Tags album



Hi Everyone! This is Bee sharing with you a little album I made for my daughter to write little secrets she wants to remember later on... I used Echo Park Springtime paper, the stamps are from My Thoughts Exactly  (this is the Birds & Bees set) and the other goodies are from Annie's Paper Boutique.

Basically I just made a cardstock and pattern paper cover around little kraft envelopes/sleeves, and put little colored tags in the pockets...


To keep everything neatly in place,  I used magnet tape strips because it is flat.


For the inside I used mini Kraft sleeves that I covered on one side with pattern paper. I LOVE those mini sleeves, they are so tiny and cute and can be used for all kind of things. <3 :-)  I punched some holes in them with my Crop-O-Dile and attached everything together with some Trendy Twine...
                 

                                     

I left the other side natural since my daughter might want to use stickers in her album or scribble on them. Plus I like the contrast of the kraft with all the other colors. :-)


Inside each pocket I inserted a colorful tag. Those are so fun to use, and they come reinforced, I just added a tiny bit of twine to each one to make a little "pull handle"... ;-)



Each little tag is individually housed in its little pocket... but you could also chose to have a tag every other pocket etc... And the number of tags or pockets is really whatever you want it to be, you just adapt the size of the cover accordingly...




Here it is when you remove the tags. As you can see this is a really easy project that is fun and that kids will love receiving. You can use the pockets to stash little memorabilia like tickets to events or you could glue little pictures on the sleeves and write journaling on the tags, etc... You could also make a booklet without tags and use it like I do: to store those Box Tops for example or other little proof of purchase or clipped off food labels. No more stashing them as is in the kitchen junk drawer... ;-)

If you make your own little tags-album, leave us a link on this post's comments section so we can see it! :-)

Bee

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We love to read them!