Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Best Wishes and String Art Tutorial!

Hey Everyone!

Jamie here to share a new project featuring Twisted Lime with you!
Plus I've got a mini string art tutorial.


I made this colorful Best Wishes card.


Here's a close up of the finished string art with Twisted Lime.


Onto the tutorial....

Hopefully my pictures make sense to everyone, if not you can always contact me through my blog HERE.

I used the rhinestone feature on the Silhouette software to make my holes. I made the shape I want and then I do an internal offset a little smaller then the shape. After that I used the rhinestone feature to change the internal shape to size 10ss holes and for this circle I changed the spacing to 3.

1.  I put a line of my atg glue on the back to hold down the end of the twine. 

1.  I numbered the holes in the pics above so you can see where to start and where to go next. 
 But you can pick any hole to start and then pick another one somewhere across from it.
Depending on how far apart the holes are you choose will make the hole in the center bigger or smaller. 

3.  Then you just keep moving one hole over(counter clockwise) all the way around the shape until you have 2 strands into each hole.

If you run out of twine while working the shape, you can just start a new strand on the back. 

I hope you enjoyed my project, stop by my blog for complete details on my project HERE.

You can purchase some Twisted Lime on sale HERE.

Thanks for stopping!


8 comments:

  1. how awesome is this Jamie!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Tutorial and Beautiful Card. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! That is totally gorgeous! Love the pretty banners - great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty string art, I always love your string art projects, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Em Geee! This is amazing! Love the colors and the twine rosette. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to give this a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love this card! Your string art is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this and will have to try soon thanks to your tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. We love to read them!